Dear Parkette Pals,
Today we present Sam's top 5 Parkette products - or, as we affectionately like to call his picks, the dad guide!
A small shop like ours has a few people working behind the scenes to ensure that everything is running smoothly. One of those people is Sam. He's a fourty-something father of 2 who loves good design, strategy games, ramen noodles, dogs, and being a dad. Without further ado, these are his Parkette favourites:
1. Sea Battle Game: This first strategy game by Vilac is adapted for kids beginning to reason and develop more complex strategies. Announcing squares on a double-entry grid and completing a game to search for the opposing ships is a learning experience that will be fun thanks to this original sea battle game.
2. Tokyo Stories - A Japanese Cookbook: Tokyo is rightfully known around the world as one of the most exciting places to eat on the planet. From subterranean department store food halls to luxurious top-floor hotel restaurants, and all the noodle shops, sushi bars, and yakitori shacks in between, there may be no other city so thoroughly saturated with delicious food. Tokyo Stories is a journey through the boulevards and backstreets of Tokyo via recipes both iconic and unexpected. Chef Tim Anderson takes inspiration from the chefs, shopkeepers, and home cooks of Tokyo to showcase both traditional and cutting-edge takes on classic dishes like sushi, ramen, yakitori, and tempura. Also included are dishes that Tokyoites love to eat with origins from abroad, like Japanese interpretations of Korean barbecue, Italian pizza and pasta, American burgers and more.
3. Donna Wilson Scamp Mug: It’s a dog’s life. Start your day with a morning coffee served up in this Scamp Mug. Whether they accompany you at breakfast or for a bit of tea on a quiet afternoon, Donna Wilson’s friendly ceramics were designed to brighten your every day with their simple charm and nostalgia. 100% bone china, decorated by hand in Stoke-on-Trent, UK. Dishwasher and microwave safe.
4. YKRA Laptop Case: YKRA’s laptop case is lined with thick felt, a natural fibre produced from sheep’s wool, to protect your laptop in style. Will fit a Macbook Pro 13 ( 2016, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021) or Macbook Air 13 (2018, 2019, 2020, 2021). YKRA uses thick “duck” OEKO-TEX® 100 STANDARD certified cotton canvas made from 100% cotton woven in the Czech Republic. It’s dyed using eco-friendly dyes. The felt lining is sourced locally and sustainably and made for YKRA at Hungary’s only felt factory in Köszeg, in operation since 1896.
5. Kindling Magazine: Kindling is a magazine for people with kids from the team who make Kinfolk. Packed with thought-provoking features, fun activities and playful photography and illustrations, it’s a place to explore the fresh perspectives that come with raising a child.
PS, that's our fabulous Muchachi Studio wrapping paper in the background - available to purchase in store as a roll of 3 sheets!