Dear Parkette Pals,
It's December 15, the holiday season is around the corner, and we've made it to our last gift guide for 2022!
Maria is 42 years old but most days feels 13. With her top 5 Parkette picks she set out to prove that colour and fun are for everyone, no matter their age. We say, mission accomplished 🥳
1. How To Live With Objects: In the modern home, it matters less whether your interior is perfectly appointed and more if it’s authentically personal, unique, and filled with the objects you feel a connection to. Through inspiring home tours and practical advice on how and what to collect, Sight Unseen editors Monica Khemsurov and Jill Singer take you on an educational and highly visual journey through the questions at the core of their design philosophy: What makes an object worth having? How do our objects impact our lives? Khemsurov and Singer guide collectors, design lovers, and novices alike toward a more intentional and skilled mindset in acquiring and living with objects. The book acts as a detailed primer on how to maximize the visual and emotional impact of your space, regardless of your space limitations, style preferences, or budget. From a deep dive into the world of vintage-hunting to anecdotes about favourite objects from creatives like Misha Kahn and Lykke Li to expert styling tips, How to Live with Objects is an indispensable tool for anyone who wants to make their house a home.
2. The Shakespeare Game: Journey from Stratford to London in the footsteps of the world’s best loved playwright, collect characters and race round London’s theatres to put on as many plays as you can before other playwrights steal your ideas, burn down your theatres or spread the plague! In this fun family board game, you will absorb details of Elizabethan England as well as learn loads of references to Shakespeare’s plays. The winner is the player whose plays take the most money at the box office, and the fastest in the race to fame and glory.
3. Carola fra i Trulli Ceramic Candle Holder and Candle: Carola fra i Trulli is a tribute to the Itria Valley in Italy, to its native flora, to the scents spread from the fields at dusk when evening falls and the first star appears in the sky. Carola fra i Trulli is made with love using only genuine materials. Each piece is produced in a limited edition and proudly handcrafted by skilled artisans in Italy. Trullo handmade ceramic candle holder sold in combination with a soy wax scented candle in the fragrance of your choice - Fig Leaves, Blotch Rose, Juniper Berries, or Oak Wood.
4. Donna Wilson Alphabet Socks: You’ll be racing through your ABCs with these Alphabet Socks! A blend of cotton and wool, they’ll keep your toes cosy but will also let your feet breathe. These socks are designed to fit UK women’s sizes 4-7 (US Sizes 6-9). 62% cotton, 27% wool, 10% polyamide and 1% elastane. Made in Portugal.
5. Some of the Parts BLACK / PINK / OLIVE Mini Bucket: SOTP’s best-selling shape and style of bag fits your phone, your keys, your wallet and a lip gloss. The mini BUCKET comes with a two-inch wide nylon strap with two black claw clips. Made with love in Canada.